Thursday, November 4, 2010

Long time no post!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been nearly 4 months since I've last posted on this blog.  What a whirlwind life has been for the past while ~ I commend all your bloggers who find the time and energy to post daily, in addition to living life!

To be honest, I have been contemplating shutting the blog down...  I just can't seem to post consistently enough to maintain a blog, which suggests to me that it's not high on my priority list.  Plus it seems like all of the things I write about are easily found elsewhere on the internet...  there are tons of blogs out there that speak to simple living, homeschooling, living consciously and lightly.  I have grown in leaps and bounds since first starting this blog, and in many ways I feel it has fulfilled its purpose...  documenting my journey to living an on-purpose life.  Of course, I will never fully feel that I have "arrived"...  part of living intentionally is in the constant striving, the constant evaluating and re-evaluating, and of course, in the doing, the living in the present moment.  These will all be life-long pursuits.  But I know now that I have chosen the right path, and it's just a matter of following it and seeing where it leads.

If I decide to continue with this blog, I will have to give some thought to what direction I want to take it in, and how it will differ from what already exists out there.  I also need to give some thought to whether blogging has a place in my life right now, and how much of a commitment I am willing to make.  I would love to hear from anyone who is still checking in here - let me know you're still around, and if you're interested in an On-Purpose Living revival.  :)  It would also be helpful to know what you're interested in reading about!

Alissa

4 comments:

  1. Well I just found your blog & am enjoying reading through all of your old posts. You have a very readable style & interesting points to make. It doesn't matter if things are said elsewhere; there are only so many topics for anyone to write on in the world, its the spin you put on the topic & the voice you use & the angle from which you are seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelly. :)
    I'm already for sure that at the end of this school year I will be done posting on my blog. Next year I'll be homeschooling to boys plus have a one year old and your right - who has time to post & read all the blogs and info out there that helps you while living! At least I can't see it fitting. Usually internet time replaces crafts, art projects, and reading I want to do.

    When I had my third baby recently (you can see his pic. in my one september post lol) my body starting shutting down .... I made it through and now I truly realize how quickly life can change. I really don't want to spend it posting and reading. So I'm working on pairing down my blogs I read and plan to stop blogging at the end of the school year.
    Sorry for the long comment. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for your responses! I'm still mulling it over - Bridgett, you're so right... those are exactly the things I struggle to make time for, and if I was blogging there would be no way to make time for both. Lots of food for thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don know if you've already taken a decision. but i totally empathise with you. i keep a blog but finding it so hard to continue and i'm taking a blog sabbatical. believe me blogging is one thing and getting followers and comments is another. it's jus about visitng most other blogs and being seen. they come back to you and you want to post more...so i suggest you don stub it completely...take a long break and come back.

    ReplyDelete