Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where have I been????

I just thought I'd do a quick post to let you all know that I am still alive and well. :) Things are busy with 3 little ones, and blogging has taken a back seat lately. I hope to be able to get back to some regular posting soon! Gavin will be a year old next week... can you believe that??? Where has the past year gone? Life with three has been an adjustment, but a wonderful one. I've also completely thrown myself into the world of homeschooling research, which has more or less devoured any amount of free time I might have otherwise had. I've become enamoured with Waldorf, and spend most evenings reading and learning as much as I can about it. Although Norah will be "officially" registered for homeschool in the fall, the nice thing about Waldorf is that real academics don't begin until Grade One, so we still have plenty of time! Christopherus has been our curriculum of choice, and we've been trying to incorporate many of the ideas from Kindergarten with your Three-to-Six Year Old into our days. Sewing is still not happening around here (Gavin is still happily nursing on the couch all evening, and then comes to bed with us), so my machine is collecting much dust... although we did make some new shamrock napkins for our St. Patrick's Day feast tonight. :) I've taken up knitting instead, which I'm really enjoying! I'm working on another diaper soaker as we speak (have I mentioned my new love affair with wool????). I'm going to try to find a way to squeeze a few minutes of sewing in during the day though; my mending basket is getting out of control. :) Otherwise we are just enjoying the nice spring weather, and enjoying each other's company! Soon it will be time for seed-starting and planting, and then we will have plenty to keep us busy. I guess that's it in a nutshell! I promise to be back soon with some regular posts!!

3 comments:

  1. Completely understand! I just closed my blog for a few reasons but really between reading blogs and blogging and facebooking, then homeschooling, potty training, housebuying. & I find reading blogs more enjoyable than blogging itself. I've heard a lot of good about Waldorf. My husband & I chose the Charlotte Mason method and the My Father's World curriculum for my oldest's first year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridgett,
    I've thought often about shutting the blog down. But every so often I get the urge to post. But I find when I post regularly, it is time-consuming, and I'm usually neglecting some other responsibility in order to do so! Tricky, isn't it?
    How old are your children that you're homeschooling?
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - just seen your reply. My boys are 5 & 3 and another baby boy on the way!
    I do still get the urge to post every now & then. But I let it pass LoL It is tricky. Sometimes I think the reason why modern moms have a hard time keeping up with house and other responsibilities is b/c there are too many choices! Our technology has bad and good and it can be hard to find that middle ground.

    ps- i'm glad you've kept it open.

    ReplyDelete