I went to the Cape Breton Baby Company on the week-end and I picked up some beautiful wool Stacinator diaper covers at a steal. She wanted to get rid of them because she'd had them forever and no one was buying them, so she gave them to me at cost! I got 3 of them, one in a size medium and 2 in toddler size. The toddler size is a bit big yet, but he will grow into them eventually. They're SO nice and soft, and so much better than the PUL covers I was using with the prefolds. Now I just needed some diapers to go with them. I didn't want to invest in a whole new set of diapers, so I thought I'd make some pocket fitteds, and I could use his infant prefolds as inserts. It seemed like the cheapest, least wasteful option.
I sewed this one pretty quickly, (fast sewing is the only kind of sewing I can do these days!), so the quality is less than stellar... don't look too closely! You'll also have to forgive the photo quality; it was 10:00 last night, and Gavin was just waking up, needing a boob and a diaper change so the photography was a little hasty! Anyway, you'll get the gist.
I used the Mama Bird pattern again... it's a really simple, quick pattern.
I used some leftover t-shirt knit that I had used to make Owen some pants. It's nice to be able to use up leftover fabric!
I had some leftover microfleece that I used for the inner. It's nice because it wicks the moisture away from the baby.
The diaper looks wonky in this picture, but it's really not... just the way it was sitting. Like I said, I was in a rush!
And here is the pocket, showing the prefold, folded into thirds as an insert.
Now I just need to make about a dozen or so more. :)