Friday, October 23, 2009

Off to the Eco Expo

One of our favourite events to attend each year is the Cape Breton Eco Expo. I don't know that the kids fully understand what it's about, but we take them anyway! There are some great kids' exhibits (like a constellation tent!), so they definitely get some entertainment value out of it. Last year there were some really great booths, and I'm hoping that it has expanded this year. There was a booth of handcrafted items made from recycled materials, which I loved. And someone was selling handmade cleaners, and someone else was selling handmade personal care products. I think there was a candlemaker there too, if I recall correctly. And lots of information booths from various organizations. Nova Scotia Power was there, talking about their renewable energy goals. There will be a presentation from the Cape Breton Vegetarian Society, talking about the benefits of a plant-based diet for both us and the planet, which I will definitely be attending. No matter how far we've come, we still have so much to learn, and I love any and all opportunities to do so! And it's fun to meet with like-minded people, or those who are just beginning their journey.

Have a great week-end! See you next week.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! We have a couple things like that throughout the year, but for some reason always seem to miss them. I am really hoping to make it to some in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't make it, unfortunately. I was thinking about going to the vegetarian thing but it was so beautiful this afternoon that Mike wanted to get outside with the kids instead of going. Hopefully we will make it next year.

    ReplyDelete