Monday, June 22, 2009

A Completed Dishcloth

Since I haven't been able to get to the sewing machine much lately, I decided to try a more breastfeeding-friendly craft: crochet. I've done a bit of crocheting before. This time I thought I'd attempt something uber-practical: a dishcloth.


I didn't have much in the way of cotton yarn, I had a bit of yellow and a bit of orange. Neither was enough to complete a full dishcloth so I thought I'd make a striped one! It's nice and thick and soft - I can't wait to put it to work. It may not be perfect, but it was good practice - and it will do the job! It worked up really quickly, so I hope to make a few more for myself, and maybe some to give away as gifts. If you've never used a knitted or crocheted dishcloth, you really should try them. They fit great in the palm of your hand, and do a wonderful job of cleaning. I like them so much better than regular dishcloths, and especially now that I can make them myself!


2 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job! I love the colour combination! It's very citrusy..lol! I've used these dishcloths before & still have one that is holding up strong. I didn't make mine however, I got mine as gifts. I think the one that I still have has held up so well because of the way it was made to be honest. It's a nice close knit and was made with raised squares that seem to have made it even stronger. They are a wonderful gift, because they are so pretty and practical too! Any cousin would be lucky to receive one..lol! :D Maybe that cousin could gift you with supplies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :) I thought it was citrus-y, too! I actually couldn't wait to wash up a few dishes this morning. Anything that makes me excited to do dishes is a good thing. :) It reminded me of Soule Mama's new pen philosophy:

    http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2009/04/patchwork.html

    And the colours were even more vibrant once it was wet, it makes my kitchen look very cheery!

    Cousins can easily crochet their own dishcloths. lol. The only supplies needed are one crochet hook and a bit of yarn! And one extra-long breastfeeding session. lol. (Or an hour or so sitting outside watching a kid play). :) Tee hee...

    ReplyDelete