Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another dishcloth. :)

I had another bit of cotton yarn left - a nice varegated one. There was just enough to complete the dishcloth (I literally ran out on the last stitch!), so I used a bit of cream to do the edging. My husband commented last night on how much he liked using the one I made. :) There's something so satisfying about making something yourself. Even with its imperfections (or perhaps because of them!), using something that I made with my own hands gives me a tremendous sense of satisfaction. It's one less thing that I am reliant on society (or some sweatshop in China) to provide for me. Something as simple as a dishcloth takes me one tiny step closer to being self-reliant.

2 comments:

  1. Those look great! I love crocheting dishcloths. So many projects can take so long to complete, but a dishcloth takes no time at all and can be used right away. What stitch do you use for yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,
    Thanks. :) I'm still learning, so I still have some things to figure out. lol. I'm not sure I can remember what stitch I used because I got all crazy and decided to start crocheting an afghan. I think the dishcloth was just double crochet, with one row regular, and the 2nd row worked only into the back of the stitch. I'll have to double-check but I'm pretty sure that's what it was!

    ReplyDelete