Thursday, April 2, 2009

A quick update. :)

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to post a quick update - baby Gavin was born last Tuesday, March 24th at 11:40 am. He was a healthy 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and the delivery went as well as could be expected. We're all doing fine and just trying to stay as rested as possible. I'm doing my best to just focus on the kids and the baby, and basics like laundry and food, and letting everything else fall by the wayside. I know I'll have to get caught up eventually, but for now I'm just trying to relax and enjoy this wonderful time. The newborn stage passes so quickly, it's a blur of breastfeeding, diaper changes, more breastfeeding, and more diaper changes. I spend most of my days on the couch, with my kids snuggled up beside me, colouring, reading, and watching t.v. while I feed the baby. Some days we don't even get out of our pajamas, and I'm perfectly okay with that. It's not often you have an excuse to stay in your pajamas all day. :)
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that all was well, and thanks for checking up on me! As you can probably guess, I might not be blogging for awhile until we get back into the swing of things again, but I will check in and read your comments.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! I have been checking like crazy for an update. Enjoy this newborn time. It goes way too fast, even though those sleepless nights sometimes seem like they will never end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've been checking every day too waiting to see when the little one would come. Enjoy every minute!

    When you do have a chance later on, I'd love to hear about how it's going with the cloth diapers. I keep hearing everybody say that the didn't bother during the first month, and I was so encouraged to hear you day that you're starting from the beginning. We're expecting our first this summer, and I'm hoping to go cloth only from the get go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and take as much time as you need. You are right they go by so quickly. savour every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love those stay-in-your-pajamas days. Take good care of yourself. I'm so happy things went well with your delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay! I'm thrilled for you :) So glad that everything went well and that you're focusing on resting and snuggling with your babies. Enjoy, and may your resting time last as long as you need it to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Enjoy these early days :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news! So happy to hear that all went well -- enjoy your Babymoon with little Gavin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. do you have an email you can be reached at? I started the envelope budgeting the 1st of every month...living off last months income...how are you doing with it?...do you have the excel template available for us?...mattv02@aol.com

    ReplyDelete