Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still here... still.

Thanks for checking on me, Frugal Babe!

I'm still here... still. lol. My babies like to appear exactly on their due dates, so I'm anticipating a Sunday arrival. Who knows though, this one might surprise me! My suitcase is packed (as is the baby's), my whole house is clean, and I'm finding myself cleaning the same things over and over again to ensure they stay that way. I'm even washing half-loads of laundry to ensure I stay caught up. lol. I'm starting to feel a little OCD-ish! It's like nesting as an extreme sport. I guess I'm paranoid that everything is going to fall apart at home during the 3 days I'm at the hospital, so the more caught up I am the better. I should give my husband more credit than that, but men seem to have this innate ability to not see dirt. He's great at tidying, but there sure won't be any tub-scrubbing or floor-washing or dusting going on. And since I have to do a minimum of 2 loads of laundry a day to stay caught up, 3 days without laundry being done is, well, something I'd rather not think about. :) So this is me, taking a deep breath, pretending that everything is going to be fine, that I'm going to come home with a beautiful new baby and be able to ignore the dust bunnies and dirty bath tub and mounds of laundry and things out of place. And the world will not spin off its axis. Please tell me this is so. :)


3 comments:

  1. Well, even if it is a little messier for a little while, it's all worth it. :) I had to laugh about your comments on men not seeing mess - it is SO true. However well intentioned they may be.

    Anyway, praying for a safe and healthy delivery for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back to check on you again... No posts for a while, so I'm assuming that's because you're nesting with your new little one. I hope that all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frugal Babe and I have the same idea...we're both thinking of you! Hoping you're cozied up with a sweet new baby right now.

    Enjoy your babymoon!

    ReplyDelete