Friday, December 12, 2008

No Sewing to Report

Well, I didn't do any sewing last night.  And we didn't watch any t.v. either.  My husband and I had some Christmas details to wrap up, so we decided to sit down together and get it done.  We still had a couple of things to order online, and with only 2 weeks remaining, we thought we'd better get them ordered!  I found a great Canadian website for natural/organic kids' toys, clothing, and art supplies, called Baby Naturopathics.  I was originally going to order from Stubby Pencil, but with the currently lousy exchange rate, plus the cost of shipping (not to mention customs delays), I just couldn't justify it.  So I was ecstatic to find a Canadian company to order from.  We decided that each kid is getting ONE purchased toy.  That's it.  They need no more (and don't even need that, but we can't be total scrooges!).  Not to mention, I'd rather buy them each one quality toy that will last forever (even if it costs more), than a bunch of junk from Wal Fart that will eventually make its way to a landfill.  We also got them each some art supplies...  Owen is getting some beeswax crayon blocks, and Norah is getting some neat eco-friendly watercolour pencils.  We got them a movie to share (Wall-E,  with a great environmental message!), and they're each getting their new, made-by-mommy pajamas.  I think that is plenty, and I look forward to enjoying the magic of Christmas morning, without the children being overwhelmed by a ton of stuff.  

So that took us until 11 pm, but it's so nice that it's all decided and finished.  All that's left to do is finish up the last bit of sewing, which I love that I can do from the comfort of my own home. It was so delightful to not have to step foot in the mall once this season!  No harried rushing around from store to store, trying to find meaningless gifts for people.  My in-laws have requested "gifts of time" this Christmas.  My Father-in-Law wants Bruce to help him with some computer work, and to move some furniture around in their house.  My Mother-in-Law would like some help sewing some roman blinds for their newly renovated bedroom.  Bruce has 10 days off after Christmas, which gives us plenty of time to do this, and I know that these gifts will mean more to them than some random thing we could buy.  

Tonight is Date Night...  and tomorrow we have a Christmas party to attend, so it will likely be a couple of days before I get back to sewing...  but I'm confident that I will get it done, with plenty of time to spare!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great week. Date night is ALWAYS a valuable use of time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I'm interested in advertising on your blog http://onpurposeliving.blogspot.com/. At the moment, I'm looking for intext links. Do you write paid posts? How much does it cost?
    My website provides information on credit deals and ways to manage one's finances.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Please, contact me on
    barbara@acclaimnetwork.com

    ReplyDelete