Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A little sewing motivation, please. :)

Okay, I had the BEST intentions with this hand-made Christmas thing.  Really!  I was totally pumped to sew up a storm.  Yet here we are, with just over 2 weeks left, and my Christmas sewing is basically untouched!  The only time I have to sew is after the kids are in bed at night, and by then, well, I'm pooped.  The living room, with its warm fire and twinkly Christmas tree beckons to me, and I just want to sit and drink tea and enjoy it.  My get up and go got up and went.  Help!! Somebody light a fire under me!  Here is what I have left to sew:



*boxer shorts for DH (He LOVES the ones I make him, and I haven't made him any in ages!)
*Cloth book for Owen (nope, didn't finish it for his birthday, so bumped it to Christmas)
*Pajamas for both kids
*Christmas coasters for a gift exchange

And, not Christmas-related, but the elastic in all of Owen's Fuzzi Bunz is completely dead, so I have to rip those apart and replace the elastic.  I think I have about 8 left to repair, and they each take a full evening to do.  In the mean time, I'm washing diapers daily because I only have enough diapers in rotation to get through one day until I get these ones fixed.  

I know that a couple hours a night is all I need to plough through this list, but, well, DOING it seems to be a whole 'nother story.  Any and all "GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR" comments would be much appreciated.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Get movin', Alissa! You'll feel so much better when you get some of it done.

    I have zero energy to get the stuff that needs doing done around here, so do a little extra for me too, OK?

    Hope that helps. ;)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending vibes of 'get up and GO!' energy your way! Get your sewing done and THEN reward yourself with some nice relaxing evenings, twinkly lights and all :)

    Your chocolate preschool-teacher gifts are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! I'm staring at the twinkly tree as I write this, but I'm going to go sew for an hour first, and THEN come back to enjoy it. :) I think I should take up something more couch-friendly... like knitting!

    ReplyDelete