Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm Joining a Vegetarian Support Group!

Okay, it's not really a support group, but I thought that was catchier than "I'm Joining a Vegetarian Society".  I recently discovered that our town has a vegetarian society, and I thought it would be fun to join!  They have monthly potluck meetings, and children are welcome to attend.  (Not that I'm bringing mine...  I don't have many opportunities to go places without the children, so I'm definitely taking advantage of this one!).  They have guest speakers each month on various topics relating to vegetarianism.  I'm hoping to be able to glean some new knowledge, score some new recipes, and meet some new friends!  It's always nice to meet other like-minded people.  It's not like I can walk down the street and ask people if they're vegetarian.  :)  My first meeting is this Friday, and a friend of mine (who is semi-veg) is coming with me.  Now I just have to think of something yummy to bring to the potluck.  

1 comment: