Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sewing Night with the Girls. :)

Tonight is my sewing night with a couple of ladies that my husband works with. We try for a weekly sewing night, but it usually ends up being every 2 or 3 weeks. They're both just learning to sew, so I spend much of my time helping rather than sewing, but I don't mind - it's still fun! We're each working on an apron. At the rate we're going, it's going to take a year before we finish the darned things - but I promise to post pictures when we finish! I already made a little version for my daughter, so I'm making myself a matching one. She's quite excited for us to have matching aprons, and asks pretty regularly if I've finished it yet!

I think sewing (or doing any kind of project!) with others is a great way to stay motivated. Even if it takes us all year, it's fun to know we will come out of it with a finished project - and had fun in the meantime!

2 comments:

  1. How nice of you to teach others that craft. I would love to learn but am intimidated to go to a formal class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'd love to make my own apron. I've seen lots of groovy, girly and retro aprons on Etsy! Another money-making side project perhaps ;)

    ReplyDelete