Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, my Sweet Girl. :)

Yesterday was my daughter's fourth birthday. I can't believe how quickly four years has flown by! It seems like only yesterday I gave birth to her and fell madly in love. I'm so blessed and thankful to be with her each and every day, to see her grow and flourish into a sweet young lady.

I'm not really into big birthday parties for kids - I think it's too overwhelming for them, not to mention completely unnecessary. We usually keep it small, and just family. After all, the purpose is to celebrate their birth and life, and those are the people who truly care. I also try to avoid consumerism to the greatest extent possible, and whenever I take my kids to a big birthday party, I can't help but think it feels like a big gift grab. I look at the huge table full of gifts, and wonder, does that kid really NEED all that stuff? When my kids get a little older and head off to school and start making good friends, I would be more than happy to let them invite a couple of close friends to their birthday celebration, but not the dozens that I see invited to most birthday parties!

So here are some pictures of our quaint little celebration yesterday.

Here's Owen excitedly helping Norah open her gift from her grandparents:














And we decided to get her her first real bike. She sure was excited! And Owen was equally excited for her. :)















And a close-up of the cake I baked, and my husband decorated. Isn't he amazing??














Our little family:














And the kids with their grandparents:














What an enjoyable day. :) Happy fourth birthday, my sweet little girl.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about children's birthday parties! My Audrey is three and has attended some parties that I thought were over the top.

    Happy Birthday to your cute daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so sweet! I totally agree about the birthday party thing and I love that cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are such a cute family :) I agree completely about birthdays, and I love the cake!

    ReplyDelete