Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting Ready for Hallowe'en!

Hallowe'en always creeps up on me, so this year I'm not letting it catch me by surprise. :) I've already been planning the kids' costumes, I have the yardage all calculated, and now I just have to wait for fleece to come on sale at the end of the month!

This is the pattern I'm using - I've actually gotten some use out of it already. When Norah was just over a year old I made her the ladybug costume. And this year she's insisting on being a duck. And she would like Owen to be a pumpkin. So duck and pumpkin it is. I would have preferred coordinating costumes. Last year I made her a bunny, and Owen was a carrot. He wasn't walking yet so I just plunked him in the stroller - it was hilarious! We got lots of great comments. But I couldn't think of anything that went with a duck. A loaf of bread? Nah. Besides, I think he'd make a cute pumpkin.

What are your Hallowe'en plans this year?

1 comment:

  1. That will be so cute! My three-year old wants to be a princess and already has a princess dress from her dress-up stuff that she wants to wear. And our little 1 1/2-year old is going to wear a Winnie the Poo costume that her older sister wore (actually twice, I'm so lazy).

    I'm like you, I always think coordinating outfits would be so cute, but then it comes down to it and I've run out of time or just don't feel like doing it. I think I may even dress up this year, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

    I'm excited to see your costumes when you finish!

    ReplyDelete