Monday, April 7, 2008

Task-a-day

So now that I feel I have my cleaning schedule settled, there are still some things that I haven't figured out a way to fit in. Recurring tasks that seem to get pushed aside because I haven't scheduled them in. So in addition to my cleaning zones, I've been thinking of adding in a task-a-day. Here's what I had in mind:

Monday: Laundry catch-up.
I do laundry daily, but still need a catch-up day. I tend not to do laundry on week-ends, so usually by Monday I have a bit of a back-log. I also wash all bedding, towels, etc. on Mondays.

Tuesday: Ironing & Sewing.
My mending basket always seems to be overflowing! If I scheduled one day a week, I could probably keep up. I also have several sewing projects on the go, but never quite seem to get around to them.

Wednesday: Special Projects.
Those things on my list that are fairly time-consuming so I just keep putting them off! Like cleaning out the basement! If I could commit a solid hour or two per week to these kinds of tasks, maybe, just maybe I could cross them off my to-do list. :)

Thursday: Memories.
All of those precious photos we take that just end up dumped on our computers... I need to take action and start at least keeping up with the new photos - and ideally start back-tracking and get the older ones into albums. I use iPhoto, and they have a great feature where you can create digital photo albums, and then order a bound, hard copy. I would like to start creating one for each year, and then order the book at the end of the year. This would also be the day to work on baby books, or on the kids' memory boxes.

Friday: Meal Planning and Desk Day.
I do my best to deal with paper as soon as it enters my house - pay bills as soon as they arrive, and file them. But it seems by the end of the week, I always have a few things on my desk that I'm not quite sure what to do with... I need a day to commit to clearing off my desk. I think Friday is a good day, because I get a nice, clean desk for the week-end. :) Also, we get our flyers on Friday, so it's a good day to do my meal planning in preparation for Saturday shopping.

Saturday: Home Maintenance.
I thought Saturday afternoons would be a good time to tackle home maintenance projects - or outdoor projects in the summer months.

So there you have it! Any thoughts would be welcome! Am I missing anything? I started the plan today, so I'll let you know how I make out as the week progresses!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments! I like this post about organizing your week. I'm not the best at this and you've inspired me to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the idea of having a sewing day! I think I need to add that to my routine so I can actually get those things done instead of just thinking about doing them!

    ReplyDelete