Monday, April 21, 2008

Powering Down for Earth Day

I've been trying to figure out a way to honour our planet for Earth Day tomorrow. I've decided that we will do "Earth Hour" on a grander scale - and power down as much as possible for the whole day. We will avoid using any unnecessary energy tomorrow. We will be eating cold foods, and keeping the television and computer turned off. We will also avoid using the car tomorrow, as much as possible (my husband claims an exception to this because he's an accountant and it's tax season - and he'll break his back if he has to lug all those files home!).

Today we went on a nature walk through the woods with our local Family Place Resource Centre. It was so beautiful - I wish I had pictures to show you but I forgot my camera! We had a guide for the walk, which was so nice - and today's theme was finding signs of spring. :) We saw lots of wildlife, and the meandering stream was bubbling and full of life. It was a good way to re-connect with nature, and remind me just what it is that we are honouring tomorrow.

Although I will have the computer turned off for Earth Day, I hope you will leave a comment letting me know what your plans for Earth Day are - I'll be back on the 23rd to read all about it!

So take care, Happy Earth Day, and I'll see you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment