Sunday, April 20, 2008

My new sewing machine. :)

My husband surprised me this week-end with a new sewing machine. Actually, he surprised me by telling me to go pick out a new sewing machine. :) It was supposed to be for Mother's Day, but I guess he got tired of listening to me complain about my clunky old machine, so he decided to let me have it early. I tried out several, and settled on this little number: A Janome 3050 DC. I think I am in love. This is the nicest, quietest sewing machine I have EVER used. Did I mention that I'm in love? :) With both my husband and my new machine, of course. :)





After reading the instruction manual from cover to cover (a first for me - I'm usually more of a wing it kind of girl!), and then playing around with it a little, I made a new pair of pajamas for my husband (Batman - at his request!)...



















...and then wanted to try making another pad. This machine has some really fun embroidery stitches! (I'll even let you click to enlarge the picture this time - no matted up bobbin threads any more!!)















I thought I would try fleece on the back this time, which is supposed to be reasonably liquid-proof.















And I bought a little snap kit from Fabricville and gave it a try - it was actually super easy! I'd put a snap on over a button and buttonhole any day. (Although with my fancy-schmancy new sewing machine, buttonholes are a breeze!). lol





























Anyway, be prepared for lots of new sewing posts! I'm newly inspired. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow - very impressed with the little flowers sewn into the pad... your sewing machine does all that?! Super cute - I'm excited to make some myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! It does flowers. :) I had my old machine for 14 years though before I got this one. So it's a real treat. :) I'm actually off to sew right now! I can't wait to see what you make with your new machine!

    Alissa

    ReplyDelete