Monday, April 14, 2008

Menu-Plan Monday

So I'm doing Menu-Plan Monday again this week! It's so fun seeing what everyone has on their menus for the week. You can go on over to www.orgjunkie.com to see some more tasty menus!


This has been an interesting week for menu planning! My husband gets paid monthly, and we budget accordingly. But there are a couple of months of the year that have 5 weeks in them, and this is one of those months! I try to set aside a little bit of our monthly budget each month to allow for these longer months, but alas, I still find myself short. So this week is a major eat out of the pantry and freezer week! I managed to spend just $40 at the grocery store this week, getting only the absolute basics - milk, bread, butter, juice, bananas, cereal, etc. (all organic). The meals will be based on what I alread had in the house. So this is my pantry meal plan. :)

As usual, my menu runs from Saturday to Friday.

Saturday - Alphabet Tomato Soup & Biscuits (The kids loved this! I found some great organic alphabet pasta shapes a couple of weeks ago at the grocery store. On the back of the box was a recipe for alphabet tomato soup. It was delicious! I'll post it if I get the chance.

Sunday - Homemade pizza

Monday - Potato Kugel & Steamed Broccoli

Tuesday - Baked Beans & Perogies, Veggie Chick'n Nuggets for the kids

Wednesday - Yellow Split Pea Dahl (This is a new recipe - I had a bag of yellow split peas and didn't feel like making soup, so I thought I'd try something different. I'll let you know how it turns out!)

Thursday - Vegetarian Goulash

Friday - Millet Loaf, Mashed Potatoes & Corn (Another new recipe - I bought a bag of millet awhile back with good intentions but never made anything out of it! So this will be something new).

4 comments:

  1. What a great menu! I'm trying to switch to more vegetarian meals (my partner is not please with that idea...) so seeing your menu is really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Menu. My daugther was just asking this week if I would make some tomato soup. I would love to see the recipe when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great menu for the week! How's it going so far (Wednesday)?

    When you make pizza, do you make your dough? If so, do you go by hand or use a bread machine? Is your dough regular or whole wheat?

    Thanks!

    Allie
    www.learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Allie,

    So far so good!

    Yes, I do make my dough - in the bread machine (I've yet to learn how to do it by hand, although it's on my list of things to do!). And I use half white flour and half whole wheat. :) It gives it a nice chewey texture.

    ReplyDelete