Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I may be obsessed...

...with diaper sewing.

I had this track suit that I wore A LOT when I was pregnant. It wasn't actually a maternity track suit, and I could probably still wear it if I wanted to... but it was getting a little pilly, and, well, I wore it when I was pregnant. You know how that goes. You never want to see your pregnancy clothes again when you're done being pregnant.


It was made out of such a nice, soft velour though, I thought it would make a nice diaper!



I lined it in some cream-coloured microfleece...



...and created a pocket opening in the front of the diaper (it's much easier to do it that way, so you don't have to worry about messing with elastic!).



There's probably still enough fabric in the pants that I could easily get a couple more diapers out of it. It amazes me how quickly these sew up... now that I've made a few, I can finish one in about 20 minutes. I actually did this one while supper was cooking on the stove tonight!

I think my husband is afraid to leave anything laying around, lest it should become a diaper. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just found your site it's wonderful. Do you know where I could get a pattern to make cloth diapers like these?

    ReplyDelete