Friday, March 14, 2008

Kitchen-Fest!

Friday is my scheduled "Kitchen" day. This works well, since I do my grocery shopping on Saturdays. I clean out the fridge, cook up whatever needs to be cooked up, and clean the kitchen. Today I discovered some wilted celery, a few carrots, some leftover creamed corn, and some potatoes that had seen better days! I decided some corn chowder was in order.


Of course, you can't have corn chowder without some fresh, warm homemade bread. :)



In making my corn chowder, I used up most of what was left of my home-made vegetable broth, so I thought I'd better make up some more! I save all the little bits and ends of vegetables and keep them in a bag in the freezer, and when the bag fills up I dump it in a pot and cook up some stock.




I also had 8 over-ripe bananas that needed to be saved from the compost bin, so I made a banana loaf, and mashed up the rest and froze it for another time.




And here is my newly cleaned-out fridge and freezer, all ready for tomorrow's shopping trip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment